ADAM version 5.5
- System requirements: ADAM 5.5 documentation
- Download package: ADAM 5.5
- Compatibility Matrix : ADAM 5.5 Compatibility Matrix
Enterprise Search : ADAM introduces an enterprise-level search framework, bringing high reliability and scaling possibilities, and improving search and indexing performance and ease of configuring of all search-related functionality.
New search features Next to improving the configuration UI and performance of all existing search-related functionality, we also introduce two new features:
Synonyms: you can now define sets of synonyms per language, to make it easier for users to find the right records
Partial pattern matching: allows users to find what they need by only entering a part of a structured string they are looking for, e.g. an EAN code or SKU reference number
REST API The ADAM REST API provides you with a powerful, convenient, and simple Web services interface to read and write asset data in ADAM. This includes working with records, files, classifications, orders, maintenance jobs, settings and more. A powerful search API is also at your disposal to find the assets you are looking for.
ADAM on Azure ADAM is now capable of running completely in the cloud, on Microsoft Azure, supporting both native Azure services and virtual machines
NEW AND CHANGED FEATURES
- ADAM now uses Elasticsearch as the search engine in its enterprise search framework
Users can now choose the language they want to search in
See Assets Help > Finding assets > Searching for records for more information
Users can now also use option list, user list and user group list fields in the Advanced Search query builder
See Assets Help > Finding assets > Build an advanced search query for more information
Search synonyms can now be managed for every field-enabled language, and they can also be imported from another language or from Solr
See the ADAM Administrator Guide > Enterprise search configuration > Working with synonym rules for more information
Partial pattern matching allows users to find what they need by only entering a part of the information they are looking for (only for free text search)
See the ADAM Administrator Guide > Enterprise search configuration > Partial pattern matching for more information
Search term suggestions have been completely reworked
See the ADAM Administrator Guide > Enterprise search configuration > Search term suggestions for more information
You can now choose the language in which single language fields are indexed in the search index
See the ADAM Administrator Guide > Enterprise search configuration > Changing the search index language for single language fields for more information
- Search reporting
- All queries for records and classifications done in ADAM Assets or ADAM System can now be logged in a dedicated Enterprise Search log, incl. searches with 0 results
See the ADAM Administrator Guide > Enterprise search configuration > Working with the Enterprise search log for more information
Data warehousing now also supports Enterprise Search log information
See the ADAM Administrator Guide > Data warehousing for more information
- Filter facets
- Facets are now also available on the Browse, Search and Collections pages in ADAM Assets Help
- The facet configuration UI has been redesigned to be easier to use
- Facets now also support linked data, which is content of a linked record via a record link or list field
- Sorting options for facet values have been limited to the properties related to the displayed values e.g. hit count or label
- Customized facets also allow a user-defined sort order depending on the order of the selected facet values.
- The Classification tree facet and the Search within facets are now configurable
- The .Net Facet API was removed See the ADAM Administrator Guide > Enterprise search configuration > Facets for more information
- Quick-start guide pages
- ADAM System now offers Quick-start guides as a starting point to configure ADAM
Saved and shared views
- Users can now save a records overview in ADAM Assets in a saved view. This will save the search expression, any selected filters, sorting and display settings. Loading a saved view will resubmit the search and show the records that match the criteria of the view.
- Saved views can also be shared with other users in ADAM. Sharing saved views will not reveal any assets that the recipient users or user group do not have permission to see.
- See Assets Help > Saved views for more information.
- The configuration UI for spaces has been redesigned to make it more intuitive
- ADAM now provides a new REST API, next to the existing .NET API, for custom development.
- There is a separate API Reference for the REST API, which is installed on the ADAM server during the software installation process. It can typically be found at http://YourServer:2015/docs
- ADAM on Azure
- ADAM can now be installed completely on Microsoft Azure, supporting Azure SQLDatabase, Azure File Storage and Azure Virtual Machines.
- There is a separate installation guide for ADAM on Azure, specifically explaining how to:
- install the ADAM database on Azure SQL Database
- configure the ADAM file store to use Azure File Services
- configure authentication in an Azure architecture
- It is now also possible to implement a custom file store provider, allowing to use a backend of choice for storing asset files.
- See the ADAM Developer Guide > Extending ADAM Functionality > File stores for more information.
Items in italic break backwards compatibility with older versions of ADAM
- The following searchable properties were removed from all ADAM objects: last(count), lastcreated(count) and tag
- Both the ADAM FTI engine and the SQL FTI engine were removed, and replaced by the Elasticsearch full-text index
- The SearchExpression API no longer supports the Thesaurus and Stemming properties
- The Basket property is no longer supported in search expressions with record scope
- FieldDefinitions: FullTextIndexed property removed
- SqlFullTextEngine removed
- BasicFullTextEngine removed
- FullTextHelper removed
- UpdateFullTextAction removed
- RecordHelper.CheckSecurity(IEnumerable<Guid>) removed
- .delayedBasicFullTextUpdateThreshold Setting removed (in Database and SettingType enum)
- ClassificationHelper.IsClassificationCacheAvailable() removed
- ClassificationHelper.SecurityCheckMode removed
- Application.RebuildRecordSecurityCache() removed
- MemoryCacheType.ClassificationTree, MemoryCacheType.FieldGroupPermission and MemoryCacheType.ClassificationRightsCache removed
- RecordHelper.RecordSecurityCheckMode removed
- RecordCollection.IsRecordCacheAvailable() removed
- RecordHelper.IsRecordCacheAvailable() removed
- The default sort order of records displays in Assets is changed to relevancy first, then creation date
- Searching for records with a free text search using classification metadata is no longer supported
- The following commands in the DatabaseManager command line tool were adjusted to support setting up ADAM on Azure:
- Create database
- Activate database
- Create warehouse database
- The searchable property Path on File versions has been deprecated
FIXED BUGS (CUSTOMER)
- 168 Improved error message when the saving of an object fails due to a pending schema update
4294 Search expressions causing Sql exception are no longer an issue, because the SQL fulltekst index is replaced by Elasticsearch
6411 The Create job action is now disabled in Assets when the user does not have the role "SubmitMaintenanceJobs"
6689 Fixed the facet configuration UI to no longer allow the selection of fields in File scope. Only Record-scope fields are allowed.
7368 The DateFieldRangeFacet now no longer fails when the linked field is empty
7659 FieldSuggestedTermCache cleaning is no longer problematic because it was replaced with Elasticsearch suggestions support
7691 The "not equals" operator on option list field filters is now properly supported
7713 When ingesting a large amount of videos you get a timeout error during preview creation, caused by a connection leak in the MediaEngineHostService
7748 Records can now be linked to more than 2100 classifications (but no more than 2500)
7770 A number of issues with actions and the Back button are resolved
7915 There is no more need for an asynchronous post back to get the UI of the selection bar, when that UI was already loaded, which speeds up the page load significantly . When adding an item to the selection, you no longer automatically scroll back go the top of the page
7987, 8540 When viewing a selection, selecting another options under "Sort" had no effect, the order of the records on the page wasn't changed
8055 The ClassificationsWidget now displays the label of a classification, instead of the name
8043, 8534,8138 A link to the wrong asset was e-mailed when one asset was selected and sent to another user in Assets
8108, 8481 After opening a video preview it is not possible to close the video until it has finished running
8111, 8452 The MaintenanceService log level is no longer at Verbose by default
8119 Fixed a permissions error that occurred when a user wants to edit multiple records (bulk edit) that contain a different value in a field that this user is not allowed to edit
8200 You could not click any of the subclassifications links in a ClassificationsWidget
8209 ClassificationSpaceWidget didn't display the classification images if you type the URL to an ADAM studio without ending "/", e.g. "http://localhost/Central"
8337 Silent install is not working
8505 Searching using special characters, e.g. "Ã©", did not work in ADAM Assets
8738 When copying a collection to the selection while in the Collection ui, the records did not get selected
- The sort order of option list items is configurable again
- Migration of an on-premises ADAM environment to Azure is not yet possible
Non-alphabetic characters are stripped when indexing file names, causing free text searches containing these characters to be unreliable.
Using a search expression (with wildcards) works correctly, e.g. file.version.filename = *.jpg
ClassificationCopySecurity - ClassificationSetSecurityInheritance: when changing security inheritance on a classification for a user group, the changes are not synchronized with the search index. You need to rebuild the index to apply the changes.
Deleting a facet does not automatically delete it from the location to which it's attached. To remove the facet from the corresponding location, either manually remove the facet from the .assetStudioPages setting or edit and save the location in the guide pages to which the facet was attached.
Indexing and Synchronization errors share the same mail template, containing the message that "ADAM Enterprise Search synchronization has stopped".
When an index error occurs, duplicate mails are sent.
Doing multiple operations on the same classification can occasionally lead to a version conflict error when processing the bulk in Elasticsearch. This is especially true for indexers and for actions on classifications.
Searching for empty values using the 'file.checkedoutby' property wrongly returns all records without a file.
The asterisk character is not correctly stored in the index, meaning that it's not searchable when using the search option "Treat asterisk(*) as a character"
When upgrading to ADAM 5.5 and using SQL Full text engine the SQL full text file group and file are not deleted. The full text file is however shrunk to free up disk space.
Documentation for the .assetStudioPages setting is missing
Unhandled exceptions during searches are logged in the application log, but no handlinginstance-id is attached, so it becomes impossible to retrieve them in the application log "find by id" UI
Invalid search expressions typed by users are treated as exceptions instead of logged as verbose in the application log
Searching for empty non-id values using a link or list field always return 0 results instead of returning a "not supported exception"
Change tracking wrongly queries Elasticsearch potentially producing out of date packages when using incremental publication packages in publish/subscribe.
Advanced search: Searching for files checked out by a specific user returns the error "Invalid search expression mapping, object notation not allowed after checkedOutBy primitive type."