ADAM version 5.4.1
- Migration : Search tracing for migration path to ADAM 5.5
- Added search tracing feature to log all search feature uses to help you prepare for the ADAM 5.5 upgrade.
Items in italic break backwards compatibility with older versions of ADAM
The ClassificationHelper.Transfer() method will now update in-process caches, out-of-process caches will now be updated at the next cache refresh (as opposed to rebuild).
The record security caches will now be updated in-process when changes occur and out-of-process caches will be updated at the next cache refresh (as opposed to rebuild).
The RecordHelper.GetUserAccess(), RecordHelper.GetUserGroupAccess() and its equivalents on the ClassificationHelper class now use cached data to calculate the user permissions, when this is enabled through configuration:
<searching recordSecurityCheckMode="Cached" />
<caching enabledCaches="All" />
The Application.LogOn(string registration, Guid sessionId) method now throttles the amount of updates of the session access time to once per 20 seconds, which potentially caused blocking updates on the database.
Updated the setting cache expiration query so it would have less impact on the database.
FIXED BUGS (CUSTOMER)
- 6988 Fixed an issue causing an exception with message 'Error parsing near' when using Active Directory authentication and entering the Central studio with an URL not ending in '/'.
- 6896 Fixed a performance issue when working with a restricted user in Assets.
- 8007 Assets will now optionally use the RootClassificationIdentifier setting again.
- 8037 Fixed performance issue when adding multiple items to a selection.
- 8074 Fixed scrolling issue in Browse window when page size is larger than 50.
- 8084 Fixed an issue caused by the sort indexes of record list field items not being updated after a record has been deleted.
- 8108 Fixed an issue that prevented the preview player dialog to close when a video was buffering/playing.
- 8119 Fixed an issue that caused an exception when a read only field value has different values in the records to edit.
- 8132 Session is not removed from the database after LogOut with Corporate License.
- 8205 Allow downloading of files larger than 4GB (int.MaxValue actually)
Note: this only applies when ADAM Server is the "location", so not fixed for use with satellites.
- 8362 The tree view now handles the click event correctly when a yellow roll over is visible (when the classification name is too long).
- Fixed a performance issue in ClassificationTreeCache where the complete cache is rebuilt on every refresh (15 seconds by default) in the case when nothing needs to be refreshed.
Fixed an issue where invalidated entries are first removed from cache, and then updated. This could cause race conditions when working with multiple threads which all update the same cache.
- ADMINISTRATOR GUIDE Added topic on search tracing. See the ADAM Administrator Guide > Post installation tasks > Enable search tracing for migration for more information.