ADAM version 5.1
- ADAM introduces claims-based authentication support
- The possibility to upload multiple files simultaneously in Assets. Uploaded files can be individually edited and then later published as records in Assets.
- Users can e-mail a link to a record to another ADAM user or send an asset as an attachment (using an email order) to external users
- FFmpeg can be used as a media engine for generating video previews
Items in italic break backwards compatibility with older versions of ADAM
- New and improved user interface for the ADAM installer
- ADAM is certified for Windows Server 2012.
- ADAM supports ImageGlue 7.3.
- Administrators can configure whether ImageGlue uses the crop box, trim box, media box or art box for PDF previews.
- ADAM supports MDK 2.7.3.
- ADAM supports Adobe PhotoShop Large Document Format (PSB).
- Previews will be generated using maintenance jobs for movie files.
- The options for setting search options of field definitions are made more user friendly.
- The ADAM developer guide has been completely reworked, with new and improved topics for ADAM web development.
- New Visual Studio templates added for ???Empty ADAM web applications??? and ???ADAM web applications???.
- The Visual Studio templates for ADAM development, installed using the Visual Studio extension are now compatible with both Visual Studio 2012 and 2013.
- The Visual Studio templates for Assets, Central and System customization have been decommissioned.
- The default isolation level for ADAM transactions in now ReadCommitted, which causes less locking on the database.
- Change tracking now logs setting value changes, classification security changes and registered assemblies.
- Added export/import support for new objects and operations: classification security, setting values, dynamic option list fields and registered assemblies.
- The export/import framework can now be configured to run imports under a different user using impersonation. You can find this in the ImporterSettings.ImportAs property.
FIXED BUGS (CUSTOMER)
- 4016: Fixed an error occurring when using full-text search on a language that is not supported by SQL Server Full-Text indexing.
- 4118: Fixed a typo in an error message when a multi-value field reaches its limit of 2000 items.
- 4177: Field loading performance has been greatly improved.
- 4393: The Save button stayed disabled when only changing links of a record link field.
- 4403: Fixed UI issues in the Spaces page.
- 4557: Fixed an issue causing ImageGlue to crash on very large PDF files.
- 4907: Records with a large number of previews loaded very slowly in the Assets home page (recently added records).
- 4666: Fixed a licensing module issue causing the CPU-licenses for studios being counted multiple times.
- 4899: After resetting a password in System you were redirected to the wrong page.
- 4939: Added the missing ???Browse??? option when setting classification mappings.
- 5185: Fixed an issue causing Windows authentication using NTLM to stop working after an upgrade of ADAM.
- 5277: ClassificationHelper.Transfer with DoNotTransferRootOfSource when the source class doesn't have any children now results in a null operation instead of failing.
- 5347: Fixed a caching issue causing incorrect values being returned for the Application.GetRole() method family when the user has just been added or removed from user groups.
- 5463: Fixed an issue with the memory consumption of the classification cache.
- 5476: Color space "Unknown" should not be in the list of possibilities for download orders.
- 5505: Media engines didn't always obey the SupportsHttpContext property.
- 5507: Fixed the positioning of watermarked previews.
- 5536: Fixed an issue causing the .defaultRecordTitleField and .defaultRecordActions values to be reset during upgrade.
- 5553: Fixed an error causing the Subscription page to fail when opening a subscription linking to deleted or secured classifications.
- 5656: The assemblies containing the media engines are now included in the Visual Studio Add Reference??? dialog.
- 5600: Updated the search expression optimizer so it combines full-text queries generated by the ClassificationSearchMode.FullText option.
- 5600: Removed a superfluous inner join when using full-text expression, which caused a performance hit.
- 5600: Improved performance on large classification facets.
- 5600: Improved performance on loading of fields.
- 5663, 4488, 4930: Fixed permission update issues when switching user group memberships on a user, causing incorrect organization permissions to be returned from the API.
- 6010: The Email property of the User object now allows 254 characters instead of 50. The theoretical maximum length of e-mail addresses is 254 characters.
- 6019: Fixed a performance issue causing a timeout in System when switching user group memberships on a user on a database with a large number of organizations.
- 117596: MDK media engine didn't properly preserve transparency when applying watermarks.
- 117573, 118054: Fixed an error in the sample code in Admin Guide > File Naming Conventions.
- 118189: Fixed anti-aliasing issue when resizing images with clipping paths using MDK media engine.
- 119566: The ADAM Visual Studio templates no longer need version redirects to function correctly.
- 119659: Fixed an error with the search expression optimizer when combining XPath queries with the OR operator.
- In Assets, the ???save??? button is now enabled when changing a single field. Previously, you needed to lose the focus on the changed field before the ???save??? button was updated.
- Fixed an issue causing publish/subscribe packages to appear in the wrong working folder in multi-registration ADAM environments.
- Fixed an issue in the import/export framework causing the Importer class to ignore the ImporterSettings.Commit property.
- Fixed an issue where the file type permission roles were not deleted when deleting a file type.
- Fixed an example in the ADAM Developer Guide for option list field facets.
- The use of CDATA is explained and recommended for <ref:code> snippets in the documentation.
- Configuring authentication: The chapter about configuring authentication in ADAM has been moved from the ADAM Administrator Guide to the Install Guide and updated with a topic about setting up claims-based authentication
- File upload: Added documentation in Assets Help on how to use the new File Upload feature in ADAM Assets
- Added documentation in the ADAM Administrator Guide on how to configure the new file Upload feature
- Import/Export: Added documentation about configuring the ExporterSettings xml which controls what is exported and how
- Media Engines: Reworked and updated the tables that list which media engine can be used for which media action and on which file formats