Products version 4.0
- System requirements: http://doc.adamsoftware.net/Product/PIMS
- Download package: Products 4.0
- Redesigned UI: New ADAM 5 look and feel for the ADAM Products studio
- Redesigned UI: Easy to use dialogs for managing linked data
- Faceted Search: Filter search results when searching for products and aspects in Products studio
- Collections: Collection management from within Products studio
- Widgets: New Products studio home page with configurable widgets
Items added in italic break backwards compatibility with older versions of ADAM.
- Filtering on search results when searching for products and aspects in Products studio.
See Products Help > How to-Administrators > Managing filters & facets
- Manage the available filters in Products studio.
- Columns in linked data dialogs can now be configured.
See Products Help > How to-Administrators > Configure columns
- Full featured collection management in the Products studio (Search, open, create, share, rename, ...).
See Products Help > How to-Product Managers > Selecting and collections
- The root of categories and aspect categories can now also be browsed in content view.
- Added widgets to show recently created items and to show some common shortcuts on the home page.
See Products Help > How to-Administrators > Configuring the Products home page
- Added Context-sensitive help: using the Help menu you can open a relevant help page in different areas of Products studio
- Removed the ScrollExtender control from PIMS Web API
- Removed ClassificationBaseHelper class from Core API, is replaced by the ClassificationWrapperHelper
- Removed CategoryContentDataSource control from Web API. An alternative is using an AdamDataSource in combination with CategoryContentProvider
- Removed AspectCategoryContentDataSource control from Web API. An alternative is using an AdamDataSource in combination with AspectCategoryContentProvider
- Removed ContentDataSource base control from Web API. An alternative is using an AdamDataSource in combination with CategoryContentProvider or AspectCategoryContentProvider.
- Removed CategoryContentDataSourceView class from Web API
- Removed AspectCategoryContentDataSourceView class from Web API
- Removed ClassificationContentDataSourceView base class from Web API
- Download methods of Pims.Core.BasketManager client-side class have a different signature. An additional method argument basketIndetifier has been added as first argument and is required.
- All usages must be verified. Default value is null.
- IAdamValidator interface has been replaced by IModelValidator interface. Use IAdamValidator (ADAM Web API) instead of IModelValidator (ADAM Products Web API)
- set_selectedNode method has been renamed to select() in the Adam.Controls.TreeView clientside class.
- ControlBindingValue.RawValue property has been renamed to CurrentValue.
- ClassificationPluginTreeViewDataProvider has been renamed to ClassificationTreeViewDataPluginProvider. Should not be used directly. In case of inheritance use ClassificationTreeViewDataPluginProvider instead of ClassificationPluginTreeViewDataProvider
- Classification panels now use classificationsearchlisteditor
fixed bugs (Customer)
- 4189: Fixed performance issue with field generator field and some general performance improvements
- 4382: Fixed connection leak in Global.asax
- 4436: Pager for linked items no longer causes a view state exception
- 4775: When changing the page size inaccessible products became visible in the category content view
- Optional field data field didn't retain their header label between postbacks